Final Submission of Papers for ACE2010
Papers that have been accepted for ACE2010 are now to be revised and resubmitted for publication in the proceedings.
The resubmission deadline is Wednesday 4 November. However, the chairs have a great deal of checking to do on each paper
after its submission, so earlier resubmissions will be greatly appreciated.
Here are the things that authors are required to do before resubmitting the paper:
- Restore any references and descriptions that were removed to ensure the integrity of the blind review process.
- Give careful consideration to every comment from every reviewer, and see how the comments can assist you to
improve the paper. If the comments suggest further analysis, do what you can to incorporate that analysis in the three
weeks that are available.
- Compile a list of the reviewers' recommendations, adding to each a brief indication of how you have done what was
suggested or why you haven't.
- Have the final paper read carefully by somebody who was not involved in its writing and who is good with written
English. There is no excuse for submitting a paper that has poor expression, grammar, spelling, or punctuation.
- Ensure that the paper is formatted according to the CRPIT requirements. Common formatting errors are:
- copyright footnote missing or not set out as in the templates;
- wrong page size, margins, or column size;
- wrong fonts or typesizes;
- wrong style for heading or subheadings;
- wrong style for captions;
- figures too small to be clearly read;
- figures that read fine in colour but not in greyscale;
- references not in author date format;
- paper prepared as A4 but converted to US Letter by your pdf writer.
With regard to the first point, note that in the CRPIT Word template this footnote is associated with a small dot
at the end of the abstract. If you remove or replace the whole of the abstract, you will also lose the footnote. It
might be better to remove the dot and associate the footnote with, say, the full stop at the end of the abstract, or
even the 'Abstract' heading.
- In the EasyChair site for the conference (
www.easychair.org/login.cgi?conf=ace2010), select 'Paper ', then
'Submit a new version'. You will be required to submit the new paper in pdf form, AND an additional attachment. The
attachment is your list of responses to the reviewers' recommendations, and can be a pdf document, a Word document, or
a text file. Resubmission will not be possible without both files.
- Ensure that at least one author of the paper is registered to attend ACE2010.
Step 6 (and therefore all of the preceding steps) is to be carried out by Wednesday 4 November at the latest.
Step 7 is to be carried out by Friday 13 November at the latest.
We look forward to seeing you in Brisbane!